Tuesday, September 10, 2013

Tokyo Japan Week 5

Konnichiwa everyone! First off, sorry I didn't write the other day! There is a really cool reason though... Today was temple day!! So yesterday we had to work a normal day so that we could go to the temple today! So we got back a couple hours ago... And oh my gosh. The Tokyo Temple is seriously amazing. I really wanted to snap some photos but we had to sprint to catch our train, so no photos... Gomen. :(  But, seriously the Tokyo Temple is so beautiful, and it was one of the greatest sessions I have ever been to. What made it really special was basically the entire mission was there, so I got to see all of my old MTC district. Alma 26 is basically what it was like, haha. I felt like Ammon, so stoked about missionary work I almost fell over. Sorry, just some missionary humor. ;) This week has been pretty awesome! Our investigators are progressing super well, and the Lord's blessed us with some more of His prepared children. Whit will like this! So we found this new guy named Tomoshige, and he's an artist! More like Caligraphy status, but he loves guitar and music. In my broken Japanese, he and I have had some really great discussions about music, and how incredibly it can touch the heart. He's really a great guy, and in our first lesson, he told us he completely believes Joseph Smith's first vision! We were so stoked, and we're excited to keep teaching him.


Alright, onto the good story of the week. Haha, so Sunday was a pretty normal day, and we had a lesson set up with Saratandra (Our Sri Lankan investigator) and we were doing some finding at the Eki (Train station.) And then! Wouldn't you know it, the clouds opened up, and I swear, I seemed like the ocean was being dropped from the sky! I've never seen rain like that before! We stayed inside the Eki and kept handing out our English class flyers, and then we remembered we still had our lesson... in Sanrizuka... Which is about a thirty minute bike ride. So! We had a decision. Go hardcore and go teach Saratandra, our wimp out and call and cancel. Heck no we are misisonaries, the rain gives us strength!! Haha, we biked all the way to Sanrizuka in the pouring rain, and it was one of the best things I've ever done. Seriously, it was so much fun, and I was smiling the entire time. By the time we got back to our apartment, my shoes were full of water, my entire body was soaked, and my smile was bigger then ever. I don't know why exactly, but I was just so stoked to give my all to go see the ONE investigator. Being a missionary is just awesome, and it was so much fun riding in that MASSIVE rain storm.
I've actually discovered I'm not too shabby at making Japanese food! I've made Yaki Soba a few times and everytime people say, "Umai! Oishii!!" Which means it's really good. Not to brag, just stating the facts and what not, haha.

This Gospel is so amazing! I just want you all to know how thankful I am to this great restoration and this opportunity to teach the great people of Japan. They have been prepared. The Lord has prepared their hearts, and I feel so lucky everyday to go out and look for them. As well, this week has been such a testimony to me that Heavenly Father never forgets His children. We recently started visiting with a less active named Marcello who is from Peru. He served a mission and everything, but has fallen away. I've had the great opportunity to teach him over the phone, and it's been such a wonderful experience. His faith is so strong, he's just gotten a little lost along the path. But, the Lord has not let him go. He never gives up on us, and I feel so blessed to be helping Marcello make his way back into the loving arms of the Savior.


Being a missionary is really just so great. I can't express that enough. It's really changed my heart, and made me a better person. Although I've only been a missionary for 3 months, I feel the changes happening everyday. I love this Gospel and this work, and I'm so thankful to be apart of it. It changes lives, and changes the lives of the generations that follow. I love you all so much!! Have an awesome week, I can't wait to hear from you soon... This time being a full fledged 19 year old. ;) Woo hoo!! Have a great week, love you all!
-Elder Justesen

No comments:

Post a Comment