Tuesday, May 20, 2014

Tokyo Japan Week 40


Hello awesome family! It's been another really awesome week here in Tsukuba, but today is another "not tons of time to write" day! Super sorry... But I just wanted to say thank you so much for making that mother days call so special! It was seriously so great hearing from all of you, even though Tyler was calling from the bathroom... Love you man. ;) haha, but I really felt such a strong feeling of thankfulness to have such an amazing family, and I just want to say I love you! I really miss you guys so much, but I'm so so so thankful to be here as a missionary, and I'm so thankful to all of the love and support you show me. Today we had the opportunity to attend the temple, and I really found myself just thinking about that incredible power within the family. I know that Heavenly Father has blessed our family so much, and I'm so thankful to have such an awesome family! 



After temple day, Elder Howard and I were able to go with the missionaries in Oyama and go grab lunch with our old investigator, Shun! Shun was the young 17 year old teenager who really loved skateboarding and music. He's recently been battling depression pretty hard because of some bullying at school, but he was so excited and beaming with such good light as he came to the temple today. It really confirmed that testimony that Heavenly Father lives and loves us so individually. Shun has been able to find that small family amongst the missionaries and this church, and it was just such an awesome opportunity to see and show some love to him today. I'm really so thankful for the people that the Lord has let me meet here in Japan. :) Shun is such an awesome kid who has blessed and changed my life a lot, and I'm really thankful that he's doing great and meeting with the missionaries still!



Well rain season has officially started in Japan, and it's raining way hard, but it's so awesome and pretty! I've got some really great rain gear, so no worries whatsoever. :) I'm so thankful to be in a place so awesome like Japan! At the temple the Spirit was just so strong, and I felt really so blessed to be serving in such an amazing country. Of course it's not always easy, but this experience has changed my life so much, and I'm so thankful for every blessing, trial, and especially the miracles. The other day we saw such an amazing miracle! We were heading home from the temple, and we missed a couple trains, had to pick up some things in Tokyo, and eventually we were heading back. Our train pulled up, and the car that stopped right in front of us had my favorite Sumo wrestler inside! In was Tugs!! We sat down next to him, talked some more, and set up another appointment to meet soon. Of all the trains in Tokyo, a city of 13 million people, we catch the same train as Tugs. Seriously such an awesome miracle!


It sounds like you are all doing so great, and that seriously makes me so happy! Sounds like everyone is having fun all over the world, haha, and I'm glad you're all safe! Whit, seriously those pictures from Iceland are AMAZING! I'm still telling everyone that you are chilling (haha) in Iceland, and I'm really so proud of you! You've really done such amazing things with your talent of photography, and I'm so proud of you! You saw the dreams you wanted to achieve, and you just went for it, and I know that the lord is really blessing you so much. Keep it up! :) and Tyler I'm way stoked for you too man! I hope you're enjoying Europe, but remember your British Lady is waiting for you at home. ;) Way jealous, but you know motors aren't everything, missionary bikes are pretty gnarly too.




Over all it's been such an awesome week, and really so many great miracles. I always love going to the temple, and just having that spiritual boost to keep going forward with all I've got. :) This week I've had a lot of opportunities to really get on my knees and pray fervently, as well as repent for those mistakes that I've made, and it's really strengthened that testimony that Heavenly Father loves us all so personally, and as we pray to Him, He truly hears our prayers. I know this gospel, and I love being a missionary with all my heart. I can't believe the first year is coming up!! It seems so crazy, but I'm so thankful to be hear, and I'm especially thankful to my amazing family. Love you guys so much, keep the faith and have an awesome week!! Love you guys!

Love,
Elder Justesen
P.S. Mom I'm so stoked for those packages! Thank you so much!!


No comments:

Post a Comment