Monday, March 9, 2015

Tokyo Japan Week 81


Going into March! Hello Awesome Family! It's been another really awesome week here in Urayasu! It's so cool to see spring starting to come here in Japan, and I'm so excited for my second round of cherry blossom season! It's seriously the most beautiful time of the year, and it's so cool to see everyone hurry outside to check them out, take their families to the park, and just go enjoy the nature! It really makes me feel so so thankful to be serving in a country as amazing as Japan, and for the chance to be here during this way beautiful time. I love serving as a missionary so much! Heavenly Father has really blessed us so much this past week, and it's such a blast working with Elder Templin. He's really teaching me so much about humility, and the incredible importance of staying true to the call Heavenly Father has given us to serve as missionaries. He's a way awesome companion!


But just some quick things I wanted to report on! I received a really amazing email from Elder Burgin, and he said for sure he'd really love to refer me to work at the MTC! He said he has some pretty great connections, so it's really starting to look possible that I'll be working there in the summer! It was such a cool miracle, and me feel so thankful to the really amazing friends and brothers Heavenly Father has blessed me with on my mission. Elder Burgin is such an awesome brother, and he really blessed and changed my life in so many ways. He really was such an awesome example of faith, diligence, and just really loving the people. He's now married, and apparently was just called as the ward mission leader in his ward! He's such a great example to me, and I'm super thankful that he and I might be able to work with him at the MTC! It's still up to Heavenly Father, but I'm praying really hard everyday that it will be able to happen! :) Mostly because of another really amazing thing that happened this week...Brother Shohei Yoshida has decided to serve a mission! He's working on talking with his family, but he had such a cool experience up in Kyoto where he's living, and he said he really feels he wants to serve. He called me on the phone the other night to tell me, and we had such a great talk, and both ended up crying on the call, haha. He's just such an awesome friend and brother to me, and I just felt so thankful to know him, and for all of the kindness and love he's shown me as a missionary. When I arrived in the field, he had just been baptized, but now he's making that next step and moving towards heading towards the mission field himself. It made me feel so thankful for the chance to be here in Japan, and especially thankful to that emergency transfer call that sent me to Oyama to meet Shohei. I love being a missionary so much!


Well it sounds like everyone is doing so great, and I'm so thankful for all of the amazing miracles that are happening in the family! It always makes me feel so happy to see and hear about all of the amazing things happening in your guys' lives! It's been so cool to see while serving here in Japan the amazing miracles, blessings, and awesome things you guys are all doing. I just want to say thanks so much for the incredible examples that you guys really do set for me, and all the continuous love you send my way. I'm so thankful to you guys, and I really hope to become a person like you guys. :) Also! Alexa I'm so so sorry I didn't mention anything about all the help you did for me getting me into Santa Barbara! I feel so so bad, I'm way sorry. But I just want to say thank you so much for helping me out so much, I'm so stoked to live where you once lived! I remember when we went outside and played catch out there, and I really wanted to live in a cool place like that! Also, life goal achieved with living in "Santa Barbara" Haha. ;) thank you so much again! Also Mom, I think I should be all good for sending things! I'm planning on giving the Mikami kids the snowglobe, and it should be all good! Thank you so much though for asking, if anything comes up I'll be sure to let you know! Thank you again so much for all of the love and kindness you always show me, it really does help and make me feel so so stoked to keep working harder as a missionary.


But anyways! All is going well, and I'm so thankful and excited to be serving as a missionary! We just got back from grabbing some lunch with Shohei at Costco, and it was just a way awesome to see him again, and really helped me feel so excited to keep working hard, and continue to strive to give my whole heart and soul to this amazing work. It's completely changed, and is continually changing my life, and I'm so thankful for all of the amazing things that have been blessed in my life since serving. I'm so excited to give these next 3 months every effort, and then go into that next stage of life, and continually strive to follow the example of Jesus Christ. Have an amazing week, I love you guys so so much!!

P.S. The car sounds super cool! Also, I really plan on riding a bike as well (something I've really come to love since coming to Japan) and it will be so great to drive again! Haha.

Love,
Elder Justesen

No comments:

Post a Comment