Tuesday, July 2, 2013

MTC Week 4


Konnichiwa Minasan!! (hello everyone)
 
My my my, so a month has just about gone by. How weird does that sound?? Last night, all my chorotachi and I were talking about how crazy it is that we have already completed one whole month of our mission. We also had an amazing Spiritual talk about how much a mission has changed us so far... and we all agreed that coming out here was the best decision we've ever made. So! this week was pretty eventful, starting with my companion going home last Wednesday morning. It was such a sobering experience in all honesty, and I just wanna tell you the story a bit.
 
So, my comp (Turley Choro) got his travel plans and it stated he'd be leaving at 4;30 in the morning on Wednesday, so we all decided that we would get up with him and send him off. Sidenote, I honestly love my Chorotachi so much, we've become like a small family, and it feels so much like Alma and the Sons of Mosiah. (the missionary stage obviously, hahaha.) But anyways, so we all got up early to send him off, and Turley Choro was naturally a little excited.  He was so stoked to see his family, friends, etc. Another sidenote! So the missionaries he was leaving with on the bus were all heading to Sacramento and San Jose! I obviously was so stoked, and began telling those going to Sacramento to look out for a Justesen family. They're amazing and they will feed you well. But back to my story! So... Turley Choro got on the bus and as he looked at the five of us outside the window just waving, his countenace instantly changed. I think that he realized he may not see some of us for a very long time, and I think it really hit him strong. It's amazing how this great work can take a group of six crazy young men, and bring them all so close together.  The five of us outside honestly felt like we were losing a brother, and we were all so sad to see him go. However, we realized the other day that we all may be on the same plane ride home, and decided we'd all have a Mosiah 17 type experience, haha.
 
The MTC is so awesome though, except for the food... It deceives you! It starts out so delicious, but dang... It wrecks you stomach. Been sticking mostly to salads and stuff like that lately. Whit, that photo of you and the tetons was so gorgeous! I can't wait to see what you come back with from Oregon, travel safe and do some missionary work! Talk about your awesome brother, eh? Speaking of eh! Yesterday was Canada day, and my entire zone celebrated it hardcore because one of our Choro's is from BC. This consisted of red ties, speaking in Canadian accents all day, and other great things. it was truly a hoot, don't ya know.
 
as for now, I'm doing well! Yesterday was a little rough, but through prayer and deep study, my worries are mellowed. I gave a lesson the other day on the Atonement for district meeting, and it reminded me so much that my purpose serving here as a missionary is so much more important than little concerns of my own.  I wish so badly that the devotionals here at the MTC could be heard by all of those outside the MTC, they really are so amazing. Sunday night, a brother spoke to us who is going to be a mission president in brazil, and it was amazing. he spoke like Elder Holland, with a little dash of you Dad. ;) It was such a great talk, and it got me so excited to go teach the people of Japan. we also that night watched an MTC devotional called the Character of Christ by Elder Bednar, and it was so amazing. He discussed that the true character of Christ is defined as "Turning Outward." Meaning that when life is hard, difficult, and does not seem to go our way, the natural man in us turns to ourselves and asks why me, etc. Elder Bednar explained that he right thing to do, or the Christlike thing to do, is at those times turn outward.  Think about someone else, and try to help lift someone elses burden. The example he gave was the incredible story of the garden of Gethsamane. I never thought about this. Elder Bednar stated that how amazing it was that Christ asks His disciples to stay awake with him... They don't. He endures that incredible pain for us, and then is servant Judas betrays him. However, what does Christ do when Peter cuts off the ear of theguard? he heals him. After all he had just experienced, the Savior's mind was still on helping that one guard. it was amazing to hear the whole talk, you should all try to find it!
 
So anyways. :) My Tri-Panionship is really aweosme, and all of my Chorotachi are so great. The language is pretty dang hard, but I know that with the Lord's help i can do it. I'll just wait to get that SD card reader, and then I'll send some photos! We all went on a temple walk on Sunday, and I got some sweet photos of my whole district. MOM! By the way, your Heat package was the funniest thing ever! Seriously made my day. the Colbie Caillat, genius. I asked one of my Dai-Senpai what is the proper reaction when your Mother sends you a lamanated photo of Colbie with the caption, "HOT" across it? his response, "Justesen Choro... You tell her THANK YOU, and that you'll love her for all eternity! Lemme look at that photo again!" So... Mom, you win Mother of the Year award for that Package alone. ;)
 
Well, I best be going, I love and miss you all so much! But this place is amazing, and i can't believe it's just 5 weeks now and I'll be in Japan! I know that with the Lord's help I can accomplish anything, and that this Gospel truly does change lives. The Atonement gives us such an amazing gift to remove ourselves from our sins and become like a new person. I love this Gospel, and I love this message. :)
 
Kono fukuin ni yotte shawase to heian o kanjiru koto ga dekimasu. Iesu Kirisuto to Iesu Kirisuto no aganai o kansha shite masu. Monson daikancho wa honto ni yogensha desu. Igen no Tamamono ni kansha shite masu. Josefu Sumisu wa shinjitsu yogensha da to akashi shimasu. Kono Kyokai ni yotte totemo shiawase kanjiru koto ga dekimasu.  AI SHITTE MASU KAZOKU! AI SHITTE MASU TOMODACHI! Nihon to Nihongo ichiban desu ne? Hai, honto ni. Tsutaera nakereba narimasen! hai... so desu ne. owari yokereba subete yoshi! mata ne!

Have a great week, I love you all! HURRAH FOR ISRAEL! 

No comments:

Post a Comment