Tuesday, January 14, 2014

Tokyo Japan Week 23

Hey everyone!! It's been another really awesome week here in Maebashi, but I don't have a ton of time to write today! Today was temple day, which is always one of my favorite days of the transfer, but it stole all of our P-Day time because Maebashi is about 3 hours away from Tokyo! Long story short, I got up at 3 in the morning. My mind is a little scattered right now getting this whole last week of the transfer in order, but we saw some REALLY awesome miracles this week I really want to share.

First off, I got Sister Eshbaugh's cookies!! It took some time, but they were really seriously delicious! Be sure to tell her thanks a ton from me, and I'll try to email her as soon as I can! They were really so awesome, and it was really so nice of her to send those. She's awesome, and the package really made my day!

Holy goodness my siblings are all having crazy awesome lives!! Whit. I think Seattle would be AWESOME. Not even kidding, I was getting pretty worried about you moving all the way to NYC, even though it would be awesome, but to me... Seattle feels right for Whitney. :) I'll keep praying for you for sure! But seriously, that sounds so cool. AND ICELAND?! That's so cool! Dang, the Lord is really blessing you so much right now, that really is so cool. Make sure to always to let Him know how thankful you are for all these awesome blessings! I'll be praying it all works out for you Whit!

And Alexa arriving in The Bay Area!! That makes me so stoked! I know that the Lord really has so much awesome stuff in store for you there, and know I'm praying for you everyday Lex. You're awesome, and the Lord is so proud of you for jumping into the deep end and moving to California. I know it's all gonna work out for the best!

And Tyler!! Europe?! That's so gnarly! Dang, that's way cool. It sounds like you're gonna have a ton of fun, just be careful man! I'm way excited for you though. Except, it would have been cool if you came to Japan and got a little taste of my life here everyday, but Europe is way cool too!

Mom and Dad, you guys seriously make me so proud to your son every day. I just want to say thank you so much for being such awesome member missionaries, and really helping the missionaries. The ward members here in Maebashi gave us tons of presents during Christmas, and I can't tell you how happy it made me. When the ward does nice things for you, and it just helps you feel like you're really doing your job and building up the kingdom. I'm positive that you made those two missionary's journals and letters home. Thanks for being so awesome all the time. :)

Well like I said, this week was really full of miracles, but not too much time to write them all... But! Luis our Peruvian investigator is looking really good to be baptized on the 5th, and we're getting so stoked for him. We've really come so close with him throughout this transfer, and I really just love this guy. He and I always joke around about California, but he has such strong charity. He's recognizing the Spirit every day in his life, and he's just doing great. Here's the awesome miracle of this week. So! Oyama. When I first got to Oyama, there weren't many investigators, and the ward hadn't seen a baptism in over half a year. It was really hard at first, but working with Elder Howard we were determined to turn that area around. We knew that if we gave it all we had, Oyama would become that area that missionaries get stoked to be called to. And it's happening!! Yesterday I spent the night in Oyama with my Zone Leaders, and they have had 2 baptisms this month, and 2 more this coming week. As well, many more baptisms are on the horizon, and Oyama is an area that is just doing awesome. Really brought so much happiness to my heart, and made me so thankful to be apart of helping that area. I love Oyama, and it will always have a really special place in my heart.

But anyways! Temple day was such a blast today, and it always just leaves me feeling so good and excited for the opportunities that lie ahead. This work truly is going forth. It's rolling forward, and I feel really so blessed to see some of the lives that it has changed, including my own. I can't believe I've been a missionary for almost 8 months, and I'm so thankful for every day I've been blessed with. Granted, every day hasn't been super easy and laid back, but it has molded me and shaped me into such a better person. It's changed who I am, and has really just helped me see the eternal perspective in all these things. I still have so much time, but that ending is starting to make itself known a bit, but it's just pushing me to keep giving my all every day. I know that this Gospel is true! It's changed and blessed my life so much, and I'm so thankful for it. And most of all, I love my family. :) I just want to say thanks to you guys for all that you do for me, and all of your prayers. You guys push me on to keep going when I feel too tired to keep going. I love you guys! I'm so excited for all of the awesome things that life is showing to you guys now, and I know that as you trust in the Lord and always align your will with His, He will bless you so much. He'll open ways that will change your perspective, and make you more of the child He has always known you were. I love being a missionary! This has been such a growing transfer, and I'm just pumped to go onto transfer 5!! Next week we'll know what the whole situation will be! I love you guys so much, have an awesome week!!

Love,
Elder Justesen

P.S. So about Burger King... It was awesome. Way expensive, but the taste was exactly the same!! McDonald's is WAY good here! Still pretty cheap, and a good place to have lunch with investigators. ;) Love you guys! Talk to you next week!!

愛しているよ!信仰があればなんでもできますよ!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment