Monday, April 14, 2014

Tokyo Japan Week 36

Ward Family Night!

Hey everybody, happy Easter! It was really such an awesome time in Japan last week, and conference was really so amazing!! Seriously, I was so blown away by the power, and the boldness of the conference, and I really enjoyed it! It really reminded me that really important need we have of standing for the truth, and standing for what is right. There are a lot of gray areas in the world right now, but I know as we look to the Savior, we can find those things that are truly right. I'm really thankful to be a missionary right now and be really focusing on those things that are truly so important. This week Bel is set to be baptized, and I'm going to be here for it! We got our transfer calls today, and Elder Sakamoto and I are still gonna kick it in Tsukuba another transfer. :) I'm way excited, and I'm really thankful to have such an awesome companion like Elder Sakamoto. He's really taught me so much about truly following the Spirit, and really relying on that power from the Lord. The Spirit is such an incredible gift that the Lord has given us, and I know that as we heed those gentle tugs from the Holy Ghost, we'll be guided to those things that the Lord really wants us to do, and most importantly what He's always intended for us to become. I love this gospel so much, and I'm so excited to go forward this transfer! Especially cause I'll be able to talk the MOST AWESOME MOM IN THE WORLD! I'm so stoked to talk to you Mom and the whole family! It's gonna be such an awesome experience, and I'm so excited to talk to you all again. :) Time is really picking up speed, which is pretty scary, but I love being a missionary so much, and I'm so thankful for this time to be a missionary. These short 10 months have seriously changed my life so much, and I'm so thankful for all of the incredible miracles that the Lord has blessed me with here in Japan. Not every day is super easy, but this time has been such an awesome miracle in my life, and one I'm really so thankful for.

Elder Dunbar and I with the Sakura trees

It sounds like you all are doing so well! I was so stoked to hear about Mom and Dad reading from Preach My Gospel together! As a missionary, I want to challenge you all to just take a little time download it on the gospel library app, and give it a read! I'll do some follow up. ;) I know that Preach My Gospel really isn't just a book for full time missionaries, but for all who enjoy this great gospel, and as well seek to share this great message with those around them. Within the pages, there are so many incredible teachings and promises that can truly bless our lives so much. My life has been so changed by those chapters, and I know that we can find so much direction from the simple principles that are continually taught in Preach My Gospel. I love you guys so much, and I'm really so thankful to have an awesome family is so excited to share the gospel. :) Alexa, just want to say thank you so much for helping out your missionaries in your ward so much recently. I promise you, it really means so much to them, and they'll continually pray for you. I know because that's what happens here in Tsukuba. On Sunday morning, we were trying to find a place to go with our investigator Cho to watch conference, and the Davis family in our ward invited us to come to their home and watch there, and it was really such an incredible miracle. It brought the spirit so strong, and our investigator Cho to have an amazing spiritual experience. Member missionaries are really so amazing, and I am so sure all of those missionaries are way thankful for all that you do! Thanks for being awesome. :)

Elder Sakamoto being classy

Overall this week has been really so awesome, and the Lord has really blessed us so much here in Tsukuba. Especially with Bel! He's looking so awesome for this Saturday, and we're so excited for him! He's been such an amazing miracle here in Tsukuba, and it's really shown me how much the Lord prepares His children in every country, at all times. I feel so blessed to be teaching Bel, and I'm really so thankful for his strong faith and great desire to follow the example of the Savior and be baptized. He's been reading the Book of Mormon every day, and he even looked up some of general conference on his phone! The language barrier can be pretty hard sometimes, but with teaching and being around Bel it's really strengthened my testimony in the fact that there is a language that has no bounds and can be taught to everyone, and that's the Spirit! Bel's such an awesome man, and I'm so thankful to know this great man, and I feel so grateful to have been able to teach him!

Elder Sakamoto, Bel, and I at the Sakura trees!

Well since it's transfer week, I don't have a huge amount of time to write, but I just want to say I love you guys so much!! I'm really so thankful for all of your love, kindness, and especially prayers. I really do feel them everyday, and you guys everyday push me to improve and try to do my best as a missionary. Time is going way quick, but I'm so thankful and so excited to be a missionary! I know this gospel is true, and I know that the atonement really can change lives. I've really come to feel that as a missionary, and I'm so thankful for that gift. With Heavenly Father anything is possible, and we can all change and enter that path that the Lord has always intended for us. He loves us more than we can understand, and he wants us to truly find happiness in this life. I know that's true!! The gospel is true, the book is blue, and God loves you!!! Have an awesome week!

Much Love,
Elder Justesen

No comments:

Post a Comment