Monday, June 1, 2015

Tokyo Japan Week 93


Last hug with Shohei!

Hey everyone! So today was the temple P-day, and so sad because it was my last! It's so crazy to think that was my last time entering the Tokyo temple as a full time missionary, but I'm so so so thankful for the wonderful blessing I had as a missionary to have the temple so close by, and to be able to attend so often during my time here in Tokyo. It was such an awesome last time though, and it was so cool to feel so much love from so many missionaries I love and admire so much. There were many old companions that came up to me and expressed how much they loved serving together, and it really made me feel so thankful for all of the amazing people Heavenly Father has allowed me to come to know serving here in Tokyo. I love this work with all of my heart, and I'm so thankful for the chance to be serving here at this time! This past Sunday I was able to give my last testimony in Urayasu ward as this week will be stake conference, and it was as well such an amazing spiritual experience. The Spirit was so strong, and really touched my heart so much. I love this country so much, and I'm so thankful for this chance to be serving in the greatest city in the world.


Elder Cheng being thug

Sister Yuri, and Kei!



It sounds like everyone is doing so amazing though, and that really makes me so happy! I'm so sorry to say this email is going to be much shorter than usual, but there's quite a lot of packing to do, as well as saying goodbye to so many amazing friends. However I did just want to first off say thank you all so much for all of the amazing love and kindness you always share with me, and especially all of the kind words in your emails each week. They really do inspire me to work so much harder, and to more fully strive to be a better son, brother, and friend. I love you guys! Also! I just wanted to send my prayers out to Kaitlin. I'm sure it's been such an intense trial to lose someone she loves so much, and I'm praying that everything goes okay with her and her family! I'm really so humbled to hear of how she and Tyler will be forgoing the parties to remember the family. I think that's such an awesome thing, and I know that Heavenly Father will bless you guys so much for what you're doing.



Goodbye party at Eikaiwa!

But this past week was really so amazing, with so many awesome miracles. This week I said goodbye to my friend and brother Shohei here in Japan as a full time missionary, but he's so so excited to come to my homecoming next weekend! How incredible is that? Also! I was going to ask, but could you guys possibly set up a Facebook event for my homecoming, and put in the address of the church and time? There a few people that have emailed me and asked about it, and it would be awesome start inviting good friends! Also, Elder Howard and Shohei are going to be driving up, so they're going to need the address and stuff! Thank you so much! It's so crazy how fast it's how coming up, but I'm really excited to get these other things squared away so I can focus completely on the people during this week. :)

Sister Ikeguchi and Sister Mayama

Brother Sakita and I taking it easy.

Tsukushi and me.

Japanese BBQ birthday party!






But things are going so amazing! We have such a busy week planned, and then next week will be visiting other areas saying goodbye, and then heading home on Friday! It's definitely a mix of so many different feelings, but today at the temple really did give me the peace and comfort I really needed to go into this week. After the session I sat down in the Celestial room, and decided to offer a prayer just giving a report on the two years I've been blessed to have in Tokyo. As soon as I started to pray, I felt such a strong warm feeling enter my heart, and just the strongest feeling of, "you did it!" I felt such a strong feeling of thanks for all of the amazing life changing things that have happened as I have been serving here in Tokyo, and I'm so thankful for all of the eternal brothers and sisters I've been blessed to meet. I love serving a missionary with all of my heart, and I'm so thankful for this chance to be a missionary at this time. I'm so thankful that the Lord allowed me to come all the way to Tokyo Japan to gain a testimony of His love, and the Atonement of Jesus Christ. I love this work with all of my heart, and I'm so thankful to be here! I love you guys so much, and I'm so so excited to see you all next week! It sounds so crazy to say that... But I'm so thankful to be able to say that. It's been the most incredible experience of my life, and I'm so excited to tell you guys all about it face to face! I'm so sad to leave all of my brothers and sisters in Japan, but I know that we will all for sure meet again, and as well I'm going to do all I can to come back to Japan again soon. I love this city so much, and I'm so thankful to be a missionary! Just again want to again say thank you all so much for all of the incredible love and kindness, I'm so excited to just keep working hard with faith this last week! Have an amazing week, I love you guys!!!

Love,
Elder Devin Justesen

No comments:

Post a Comment