Monday, May 25, 2015

Tokyo Japan Week 92

Hey everyone! Wow I can't believe it's been another week already...It's really starting to go by so fast! Recently I just got an email from the mission home filling me on all of the last things I have to do before returning home, as well as my interview day and time with President Budge, and my travel companion! I'm going to be back with my awesome companion from Tsukuba, Elder Jacox! I'm so stoked to be working with him again for the last couple days of my mission, and I know it's going to be such an amazing experience. The time is going so fast now, but I'm so thankful and excited to keep working with every last effort here in Tokyo Japan. I love this work with all of my heart, and I especially love the incredible country of Japan. This coming Sunday will be my last normal Sunday in Japan, as my last week will be Tokyo Stake Conference! One really amazing thing about that though is I will be able to see my trainer, Elder Hamada, and his new family at the conference! Such an awesome miracle near the end of my mission. :) Heavenly Father has truly been sending so many of those these past couple of weeks, and I'm so excited to keep going forward with faith!

It sounds like everyone is doing so amazing, that makes me so happy! So sorry Mom's going to be doing some tarp sleeping...that's the worst! But if it makes you feel better, I have not slept on a bed in about 2 years, haha. Gotta love the futons of Japan! But everyone just sounds way happy, and it's so cool to see all of the amazing blessings happening in our family. It makes me so so happy, and I'm so excited for everyone! That's one thing that has been so awesome to feel and know as a missionary is that God's plan is truly perfect for all of us. I was reading one of my favorite talks from this past General Conference The Plan of Happiness, and it made me just feel so thankful for all of the amazing blessings that Heavenly Father has sent to us. Elder Adachi really is teaching me so much about Heavenly Father's perfect plan for all of us, and I'm so thankful to have him as my last companion here in Tokyo! He's been such a huge blessing to me, and I'm way thankful to have the chance to learn from his amazing example. He's an awesome friend and brother and I'm so thankful to work with him! Heavenly Father has really sent down so many great miracles to us, and we're way excited! This past week we had an awesome lesson with our investigator Shigeyoshi, and he set his own baptismal date for his birthday on October 13! It was such an awesome miracle, and he's really committed to being baptized on that date. Although I won't be in Japan to see it, it makes me feel so thankful for this amazing miracle, and I'm so excited to keep working with every effort as a missionary!

As well one really crazy thing is tomorrow I'm meeting up with Shohei near Urayasu! It's way crazy because this will be my last visit with him as a full time missionary here in Japan. :( He's heading out for Utah on the 27th, and so tomorrow will be our last time here in Japan! It definitely is such a sad feeling, but I'm so so thankful for my amazing brother Shohei, and for how much he has blessed and changed my mission so much. He's such an awesome example to me, and I'm so thankful for the incredible kindness he has always shared with me during my time in Japan. It'll be so awesome to hang out with him tomorrow, and have some of those last good-byes. It's going to be so hard though! It's so crazy how fast this time as a missionary is going by, but I'm so thankful for all of the eternal friends Heavenly Father has allowed me to meet and know. I love this work with all of my heart, and I love being a missionary so much. It was never super easy, but it has definitely been some of the happiest two years of my life, and 2  years I'm looking back on with such a strong feeling of thankfulness. I'm so excited to continue to give every last effort, and give my whole heart and will to the lord. I know that through trusting in Him, we can truly change, and as Paul said, become no longer strangers in the fold of God. I love being a missionary! The gospel is true, the book is blue, and God loves you! Have an amazing week!

Love,
Elder Justesen

No comments:

Post a Comment