Monday, December 30, 2013

Tokyo Japan Week 21


Hey everyone!! This letter is gonna be a little short cause I just wrote you all personal emails, but it was such a blast writing you all. :) I'm definitely gonna do that from time to time. This week was awesome! Why? Well, first the Skype call was such a blast. It was so cool to talk to you guys, see your faces, and feel of your love. I just want to say thank you so much for being that awesome family, and always being there for me. I can't lie, it was a little hard to refocus after the call, but I was just stoked (yeah I said it) to get back to work and serve the Lord in this great cause!

I'm really so sad to hear about Virginia. I'll be praying for her every day. She's such a fighter, and I know that she can overcome this. If it is her time though... I know that she has true mansions above waiting for her. She's been such a strong influence on my life and the lives of others, and I know that whatever happens will be what the Lord wants. I'll be praying for her every day though. 


Nothing too much has happened in the few days that we talked on the phone, but we have a new Baptismal date here in Maebashi! We're following an area seventy counsel and inviting investigators to be baptized on the first lesson, and we saw that true miracle today! We taught our new investigator Nozawa the Gospel of Jesus Christ, and then we committed him to be baptized at the end, and he said yes! February 1st is his date, so we're way excited to start working diligently with him. He's a way cool guy who just moved here from Yokohama! 


Other than that, it's been a pretty mellow week. With Christmas, not too many people in Japan celebrate Christmas, so it was a pretty great day of missionary work! We went out and worked hard, and the Lord is blessing us so much everyday. I'm seriously so thankful to be a missionary, and I'm so thankful to all that the Lord has given me. He's blessing me so much everyday, and I'm so thankful to Him. Oh! We also had a Zone Conference, and President Budge said that this month was the most baptisms a Japan mission has seen in a single month in... Basically ever! How incredible is that? He says the whole story is on the mission blog, so please check it out! It's been an awesome Christmas season full of miracles in Japan, and I'm so thankful to be a missionary at this time. 


Also Mom, THE PACKAGE CAME! And it was so awesome. Seriously thank you so much for sending all of those awesome presents! They really made my day, and it was so cool to put on those old sweatshirts again. As well the ties are seriously awesome! I can't wait to start wearing them! Whit!! Love the CDs but... Our CD player doesn't work here so we'll have to wait until next area maybe until I get to use them! Sorry...  


You guys are seriously so awesome, thank you so much for everything you do for me everyday! The Lord has really given me an awesome family, and this missionary experience is truly changing my life each day. It's been the greatest gift going out and focusing on others, rather than focusing on myself, and I really love it so much. Some days it's hard, but I want to testify that the Lord truly does answer prayers, and He hears us when we pray to Him. He is eager to help ease the burdens on our back, and He is always walking beside us. I love you guys so much!! Have an awesome week! The Gospel is true, The Book is Blue, and God LOVES YOU!! 


Love, 

Elder Justesen

No comments:

Post a Comment