Monday, June 30, 2014

Tokyo Japan Week 46

We got caught in a downpour!

Hello amazing family! It's been another really amazing week here in Tsukuba, and I'm so thankful for all of the incredible blessings and miracles the Lord has really blessed us with this week. Pretty awesome miracle was that Brother Orlando Jordan was baptized and it was such an amazing service! His son is actually serving a mission in Peru, and it was just so amazing seeing this small family from Columbia come fully together in Japan. :) Orlando kept saying again and again, "Nova Vida. Nova Vida." Which Dad and Tyler will know means "new life." It was such an awesome miracle, and such an amazing blessing here in the Tsukuba ward. I wasn't able to teach Orlando very often, but it was so cool to be part of the Tsukuba Ward family to help welcome him in. This gospel is really so true, and one of its incredible purposes is to bring families together. It was so cool to see that with Brother Orlando, and it just made me so thankful to be here in an area as amazing as Tsukuba. 


So this week was really amazing! We saw an awesome miracle with setting a new baptismal date with our amazing friend Tomohisa for August 2nd! He's such a cool guy, and he's been such an amazing miracle here with Elder Jacox. He's been such an amazing companion, and it's been so awesome doing some of the same group work we did at the MTC. The Lord has really blessed us so much recently, and I'm so thankful to have this guy as my companion! We've been really blessed with so many awesome miracles, and we're way excited to go forward with faith.


It sounds like everyone is doing so great which makes me so happy! Way to go Mom and Dad for doing some great missionary with your apartment manager, that's so cool! The gospel is truly prepared for everyone, everyone just has their specific timing. :) Sounds like this great woman is being prepared by the Lord, and I'm sure there are some great miracles in store with her. As well Lexa, you are so awesome to be working with the missionaries in your ward! I promise you're making their days, and they are so thankful for you. Just keep being such an awesome friend to them, and I promise you'll make their mission journals. :) As well, Heavenly Father will really bless you so much as you do so, missionary work is truly so amazing, Heavenly Father really is so happy when the members and missionaries come together to share this great gospel. Whit it sounds like you had an awesome time with all your friends in LA, thanks so much for all of the photos! Keep me posted on all you're doing okay, but it sounds like you're having a blast! You're amazing, just keep always relying and looking to the Lord in prayer, scriptures, and attending church, and I know that He'll guide you on the paths you need to go. He's got you at all times. :) Tyler, I'm really loving the bike so much! Looks way good man, and I hope my Portuguese is getting better! Seriously such a fun language, and it's been cool to use it a bit recently here in Tsukuba. Love you man, thanks for always being such an amazing example to me.


All in all it was such an awesome week, and I'm so thankful for all of the wonderful blessings the Lord has given me as a missionary. I know I'm so far from perfect, and there are many days I slip up, and I need to make that drop to the knees and ask for forgiveness, but I'm so thankful for that incredible power that the Atonement gives us everyday. It truly cleanses us, makes us stronger, and makes us into the people we've always wanted to become. I'm so thankful for this opportunity to be a missionary in a country as amazing as Japan, and I'm so excited to go forward with faith. I can't believe Ryan VanWoerkum is coming home! That seriously blew my mind. Tell him hello for me! He's always been a way awesome guy I really looked up to. Tell him thanks for all he did for me, he's a great friend! Time really does fly by so fast, but I'm so excited to go forward and keep giving it all I've got every day! I know that this gospel is true, and that it truly changes lives. I feel my life changing and becoming more focused everyday, and I'm so thankful for the things I've learned in this short time as a missionary. Thank you all so much for all you do for me, and please know I continue to pray for you guys by name every day, and I'm so thankful for the incredible examples you show me every day. :) Love you guys so much! Have an amazing day, and I'm way excited for that amazing care package! Love you guys, have an amazing week!!!

Love,
Elder Justesen

No comments:

Post a Comment