Monday, September 1, 2014

Tokyo Japan Week 55


Hello everyone, happy September 1st! We just finished up having an awesome P-day today, and it's definitely starting to feel like Fall again here in Japan! I seriously can't believe it's coming to that time of year again, but I'm so excited to keep working and giving my all to this great work. Just want to say... I love being a missionary! I'll admit I had a bit of a panic attack when I realized I've hit the single digits, but I know that as I stay focused, and have that focus on giving my whole heart and soul to this great work, it's going to be the most awesome 9 months ever. This week we saw some really amazing miracles, but one I wanted to share with Tyler today! So today while traveling home from a Costco in Koshigaya, I ran into a new friend named Jean! Jean is from São Paulo, and is seriously such an awesome miracle! So we were waiting at the station for our train and we went forward to talk to some people, and I started talking to Jean! He's about 22 years old, and three of his friends served faithful missions for our church. As well he met with missionaries many times, and he said he's always loved the Mormon lifestyle, and as well the missionaries that met with him. I just wanna say thanks so much for being such an awesome example in Brazil, and I just wanted to let you know that the example you set over there helped me out today. :) He had such a positive look on missionaries, and he said he's only ever attended the LDS Church, but when he went he seriously loved it, and he's so excited to come to our ward music night in the next week. He lives outside my area so we'll have to refer him to the other elders, but! It was such an awesome miracle, and I really feel like it was a really big thing running into him at the station. I spoke a little bit of Portuguese with him, and he was just a way cool guy. The whole time I just thought of my awesome older brother, and the example you've always set for me, thanks man. Love you! Eu não fallo Portuguese! Moito te amo!

Haha, but anyways, this week was pretty awesome, just getting started with the ten missionaries here in Urawa, but it's looking so great! I'm so thankful for the chance to be serving here in Urawa at this time, and I'm so thankful for the blessings Heavenly Father has given me in this short amount of time. With the ten missionaries, the Lord has already blessed us so much, and we're so stoked to keep seeing those awesome miracles. Being a missionary definitely has its ups and downs, and there's still so much I'm learning everyday, but I'm just so thankful to be here, and I'm so thankful for the opportunity the Lord has given me to change, and become more of the son and brother to others he wants me to be. 


It sounds like everyone is doing so great, and Whit I just want to say thank you so much for your amazing miracle! It really meant so much to me, and I promise, doing those things that you wrote will truly bless and guide your life. There's a great talk called The Fourth Missionary I'll try to send to you! It's a talk that really showed me the incredible importance of giving our whole will to the Lord, and fully trusting in him. I promise you that doing those simple things of reading and praying every day will create such an awesome pattern of receiving revelation in your life, and as well the life of your future family. If you can teach your future children this great truth, I know that they will make such an amazing difference in the world. There are so many things that can steal our focus in our lives, but we can't ever lose the focus on the Lord. Daily prayer is something I've become really so thankful for, and I know it will help so much! Start keeping a prayer book and asking Heavenly Father those questions directly, and then listen for the answer. Then write it down, and make sure to act! I'm sure you've seen the Hope of God's Light Mormon message! We've been using it quite a bit with our investigators, and just like he says in the video, action is that deciding factor. :) Love you so much, and I know Heavenly Father loves you to, you're onto such an awesome path I promise!

Lexa as well it sounds like things are going so great in San Fran! Just keep the faith, and I know that Heavenly Father is going to lead you. I know as you keep helping the missionaries as well, it's going to bring such an awesome amount of blessings in your life! You're such an awesome example to me of the member missionary I want to be after my mission, and I'm so excited to see what Heavenly Father has in store for you! You're going to be awesome!

Check out this sweet farmer's tan ;)

As well Mom and Dad it sounds like you guys are doing so awesome! I'm so excited to hear about the miracle business-wise! I know Heavenly Father is blessing you guys so much for the help you're doing with the young women and in the Gospel Principles class. :) as well here's a little note for the Tokyo Exchange Student!! こんにちは!カルフォニアにようこそ!結構ステキな所ですけどごめんね〜皆そんなに日本語に対しては上手じゃないんですがたくさん愛を持っているよぉ!なので、ぜひ彼らと共に凄く楽しい時間を過ごして下さい!たしかに、インアンオウトバーガーというレストランで食べないといけないんです!(^^) 私の面白い家族にお願いしたら彼らが喜んで連れていきま〜す。宜しくお願いします!^o^

Hope she can read my Japanese! Slowly it's getting there, but I love it so much. It's been such an amazing time learning the language, and just talking to the people. I hope she has a great time in California! 

Well I have get going to prepare for Zone Conference tomorrow, but I love you all so much! Thank you so much for all of the constant love and kindness you share, and I just want to let you know I love being a missionary with all my heart! This short time has changed my life so much, and I'm so excited to keep going forward with faith, soon to be 20! That seems so intense, but I'm so excited for what age 20 has in store. :) I love you guys so much, thanks so much for all you do, have an amazing week!!! 

Love,
Elder Justesen

No comments:

Post a Comment