Monday, September 22, 2014

Tokyo Japan Week 58

Hello amazing family!

This week was really awesome! First off, I just want to say that it was the most awesome birthday ever! I can't believe that I am now 20 years old, but it still feels pretty much the same! Haha, but it was really such a great day, and it was so awesome to feel the love of so many great people. I'm really so thankful for all of the amazing eternal friends I have made here as a missionary, and it was so great to feel that love on Wednesday. :) Elder Dunbar and Elder Hansen in my district snuck into the apartment and kidnapped me and took me out to Indian curry, and then from there it was just an awesome day! Something that was so awesome was Dhani from Tsukuba came all the way down to Urawa just to say hello! It was really so so nice of him, and it made me feel so thankful for the love and kindness of the eternal friends I have made here in the amazing country of Japan. As well our Stake mission leader bought me an entire dozen of Krispy Kreme Donuts! They have a small store here in Saitama, and he drove all the way out and picked me up a box! It was so nice of him, and it was so awesome to feel the love of the ward here in Urawa. 

It sounds like you all are doing so amazing! I can't lie, I'm pretty stoked to hear about Dad's new found desire to purchase a Honda Fury! I heard those bikes are really great, and as well it's JAPANESE, so double win! Haha. :) I'm stoked for when all three of us can go hit up the open road on our bikes! 

I definitely missed you all so much on my birthday, but it was such a great comfort to me knowing that I'm out doing the Lord's work. I love being a missionary so much, and I'm so thankful to all of the incredible blessings it's brought to my life. It's truly changed me from who I used to be, and I'm so thankful for all of the amazing things I'm learning everyday, and the things still to come. This transfer, there have definitely been some tougher moments, but I'm so, so thankful for all of the blessings Heavenly Father has brought to my life in this short time in serving a mission. 

By the way I just want to give a shout out to Virginia! That video made my day so much, thank you so much!! I think I'm the most lucky missionary ever to have her waiting for me! Haha, miss her so much, but I'm so excited to hear from her! Please tell her how much I appreciate the kindness she's been so awesome to share with me. She's like my second amazing grandma, and I'm so thankful to be her hometeacher! She's so awesome, love you Virginia!

This week has been pretty awesome! It's definitely been a little bit pressure-ful with having the 10 missionaries here in Urawa, but it's been such an amazing blessing serving here amongst these amazing missionaries! I love being a missionary with all my heart, and I'm so thankful to this amazing work. :) Being a zone leader for 9 and half months has been such an amazing gift, and one I'm seriously so thankful for. It's been so amazing to see these amazing missionaries grow in this great service, and I'm so thankful to be serving here in a leadership position. At times it can definitely be a little stressful, but I'm so thankful to be serving here, and I'm so excited for the future ahead! I know that if I just keep relying on Heavenly Father, and always seek to follow His will, the miracles will come, and it's going to be such an amazing next 9 months. 

I just want to close with saying I love you all so much! I'm so thankful for this time to be serving in Japan, and to be amongst the Japanese people. They've blessed and changed my life so much, and have taught me the importance of respect and unconditional love. I'm so thankful to the Urawa ward as well! It's been such an amazing 2 transfers serving here in Urawa, and I'm so excited to keep giving this work my all, and striving to have that strong faith and desire to give this great work every effort. Although I miss you guys a ton especially around the birthday time, there's nowhere else I'd rather be than right here in Japan! It's been such an amazing life-changing experience, and I'm so thankful for the love and kindness you always share with me. I have the most amazing family ever! Thanks so much for you do... And holy goodness thank you so so much for the amazing birthday package! I love the watch so much! I've designated it as my Mission President, Zone Conference, and Special Occassion watch, haha. It was such a great package, and I loved it so much! Thank you so much for sending it to me, and I'm so thankful for the time and energy you put in to send it to me. :) I love you guys so much, I hope you all have an amazing week!! The book is blue, the gospel is true, and God loves you!!! Have a great week!

Love,
Elder Justesen

P.S. Tell Wyatt I say hello! He's such an awesome friend, and I really admired his humility and just being a great guy. I felt really honored to ordain him a priest, and I'm so stoked to hear he's planning for his mission! He's a great friend, thanks so much for sharing that Dad!

No comments:

Post a Comment