Monday, April 27, 2015

Tokyo Japan Week 88

Hey everyone! It's been another waaaaaaaaay awesome, way too fast week, but I'm way happy to report on today's transfer call! I'm going to be staying in Urayasu for my last transfer, and my last companion is going to be a great young missionary named Elder Adachi! He is full Japanese, but actually was born and raised in Utah, haha, go figure. :) But! I'm so excited to go forward with faith and give every last effort into this last transfer. It was really so cool to get the transfer call this morning, and it brought a lot of great memories about the past two years of my mission. I'm definitely going to miss all of the anticipation and nerves that come into the transfer calls, but it's been so awesome, and I'm so thankful to be serving here in Urayasu. It's such an awesome ward with so many amazing people, and I'm so thankful for the chance to serve my last 6 weeks here in Tokyo Stake!

It sounds like everyone is doing so awesome! I'm getting so excited about attending Tyler's wedding, then Alexa's, and then Whitney's! I can't lie, I'm really so happy that I will be able to be able to attend all of my awesome sibling's weddings, and I really treasure that great gift. :) I love you guys so much, and thank you so much for waiting for me!! Haha. But really I just want to say thank you all so much for always cheering me on, urging me to give my best each day, and all of the continual love and kindness you always share with me. During this past week we had a couple of great experiences, and it really brought me back to remembering my amazing family, and all of the amazing things you all have taught me. I just want to say thank you so much, and I'm so thankful for all of you. I'm so excited to work with every effort in this transfer and then return with honor to my amazing family. Love you guys. :)

This week was so cool! Heavenly Father is really blessing us so much, and this week I just felt so thankful to be a missionary. One of my best friends Brother Han Bing was a guest speaker at the temple Chinese Night! They had a tour led by the Chinese missionaries for the recent Chinese converts, and investigators, and Brother Han was chosen as the closing speaker to tell everyone about his conversion and testimony! One of the elders in my apartment is from Taiwan so he went, and brought me back his testimony and translated it for me! It was so incredible to hear of his power and faith, and his incredible desire to share the gospel in China. He shared Jacob 2:21 and talked about how because we are all created by the same father in heaven, even if we are not a Christian country, we can change, and become true disciples of Christ. It left me with such a strong feeling of thankfulness to know Brother Han, to call him my friend, and have had the chance to share the gospel with him. He's a true brother, and I love him a lot. Then on Friday I received a call from Brother Shohei! He's going to be going in to receive his endowments on May 9th, and I received permission to go through with him! It's going to be such an amazing day, and I'm so thankful for my brother Shohei. Looking back in my time as a missionary, it's hard not to get teary eyed and just say thank you for all of the amazing friends Heavenly Father has allowed me to meet here in Tokyo. They haven't all been Japanese, but they have all been true brothers and sisters, and I'm so thankful to know them. :) Also lastly, Sister Chika in Narita is looking like she might serve a mission as well! Just so many amazing miracles, and it's really leaving me with such a peaceful feeling, and a feeling of excitement to give my all for these wonderful people. I love being a missionary with all of my heart!

As well this week we had an awesome music night, and I was able to join in with Brother Erick! He's a less active Filipino member, and it was his first time attending a church activity in years! We played and sang Ed Sheeran's A Team, and it went so so great! The members showed him so much love afterwards, and he had such a great time. Our investigator Tsukushi as well is going to institute in Shibuya, and is attending the mission prep class! Recently he reconfirmed that desire to be baptized as soon as he becomes an adult, and we're really so excited to keep working closely with him. He's an awesome brother as well, and we're so excited to keep working hard here in Urayasu!

Again I just want to say thank you all so much for everything, I love you guys more than anything, and I'm so excited to talk with you all in just a couple weeks now! Hopefully I'll be calling on the 11th here in Japan at 12 or 12:30. So I guess that will be the 10th at 8 pm? I hope that's okay! I'll try to do the best I can to beat out last year's performance, haha. ;) But anyways, I love you all so much, and I'll be sure to be fasting for Grandpa and Mike next week! I hope all goes well with them, please give them my best!

Again thank you guys so much, have an awesome week! Because the book is blue, the gospel is true, and God Loves you! See you!

Love,
Elder Justesen

No comments:

Post a Comment